31 January 2010

Why You'll Never Walk Alone

This is the inaugural post of "You'll Never Walk Alone". I must admit that I am horrible at keeping up with these things, but we are giving this a try. :)

Anyone that knows anything about English Football knows where the phrase "You'll Never Walk Alone " is most commonly heard. It's heard ringing out of the stands of the Anfield faithful. If you don't have a clue what I am talking about, I will explain. My favorite English Premier League team is Liverpool. There home field is Anfield. Liverpool is located in the Northwest of England. There are two teams within the Ceremonial county of  Merseyside; Liverpool and Everton. I am a Liverpool girl. I don't remember when I first became a Liverpool Girl, all I know is that they are my team through thick-n-thin. I will support them like I support the Pittsburgh Steelers and Penguins. They are my team in the English Premier League. Not that I don't support other English and Scottish teams such as Lincoln City F.C. and Celtic F.C., but Liverpool is my number one! (sorry Adam, I love Lincoln, but I am a Reds girl through and through, and they will always be my number one.)



Back to the history of the Song "You'll Never Walk Alone". (peaking at number one in the singles chart for four consecutive weeks). It quickly became the anthem of In England, the song's most successful performance was recorded in 1963 by the Liverpudlian Merseybeat group Gerry & The PacemakersLiverpool Football Club and is invariably sung by its supporters moments before the start of each home game. The words "You'll Never Walk Alone" also feature in the club crest and on the Shankly Gate entrance to the stadium.



For more information on Anfield please visit www.liverweb.org.uk/virtual.htm or en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anfield

Over the last several months, I have really kind of adopted the slogan "You'll Never Walk Alone". It's sorta become an anthem for me and how I plan to live my life. I believe that no matter what happens in this life, you are never alone. So no matter how long the journey is, or how long and hard the road may be, you'll never walk alone. That is why I have entitled my blog You'll Never Walk Alone. 


For a first entry I have talked a lot about Liverpool. That will happen. Until the next entry.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here; only if they are appropriate that is.